Thursday, November 12, 2009

That Homeless man is me...


For the past 10 years I've had this recurring dream that always leaves me feeling empty when I awake. It even scares me just a little. The setting is always the same; sometime in the near future, a fall month, brisk air, and the city is of all cities Los Angeles. There is only 1 clear character in the dream; me. Everyone else is merely a shadow in the dream but I can definitely feel their emotional intention. The dream unfolds that I am a homeless man begging on a street during nightfall. People pass me but look down on me with disgust and pity. The dream painfully repeats itself until I wake. Before the recent situations that arose in my life I passed the dream off as a warning to stay on top of your career and to stay marketable. I must admit that I have been dead wrong for many many years. The dream, I believe is a reality warning of what I am currently facing now. The homelessness is isolation. The fall represents the dying feeling of depression. Los Angeles represents angels. Nightfall represents the fact that seeing will be difficult. Me asking people for money represents the help that I have asked for. And most of all the people looking down on me with pity represents one person.
I am the homeless man asking for money on the cold dark street of Los Angeles.
In reality I have never hesitated to give a homeless person money. I think sometimes what homeless people are asking for is emotional assistance. Sometimes an encouraging word is more than enough. Sometimes a simple smile will do just fine.
There is a reason why God created this solar system. There is a reason that a season dying represents a season's birth. Karma is not a vice used for revenge. It's God's way of enacting justice. I have paid my dues....

No comments:

Post a Comment